Saturday, February 27, 2010

Letter from Oakland High School Student

First of all, I want to thank Duc Nguyen for coming to our class and presenting his story to us. I liked his stories. I think they were very interesting and it is a part of my history since my dad is half Vietnamese. Before this lesson, I didn’t really have an interest to learn about my family’s history, but now, I’m so eager. His stories make me question: What happened to my parents while people were trying to escape? When and how did my parents escape? I can’t imagine traveling across the globe with no money, no food, no help and a bunch of people in a little boat. I agree with Duc, Vietnamese families don’t often talk about their painful past. When I ask my mom, she gives me short responses. She told me, my dad and she stayed in a camp, and that’s where they had my older sister. They escaped with a bunch of people and when they arrived to Portland, Oregon; my family was supported by an American family. I learned a lot from Duc. He told us a visionary description of how big the boat was. I really admire how strong the woman was when she drank her son’s urine. That was a very difficult situation. There was no food and she had no choice, but to eat human flesh. I can’t believe Duc actually contacted her and got her to tell her story. When she cried, I felt my heart sink because “When something bad happens to you, you wish it could happen to someone else. Well to other people, you’re that someone else.” I wonder if Duc thinks he’s lucky because he could have been in a much terrible situation. I’m very happy to know that the woman and her son is doing so well in America.

24 comments:

姿英姿英 said...

尼克成人電影免費觀看成人動畫成人鴛鴦吧歐美成人區線上免費觀看成人卡通上床免費看上床美女影片免費試看上床影片免費看上班族天室上班族室上班族聊天(f1)上班族聊天至上班族聊天室(f1)口交電影口焦大乃妹做愛影片女生裸睡圖片一葉聊天tw18禁wii後宮電影院xevideoxex888xvdeosxveidosxvideo 免費影片xvideo 松島xvideo 線上xvideo松島楓xvidesxviedo武俠小說 亂倫小說 色情文學正妹計時器

嘉容嘉容 said...

很喜歡你的blog哦...加油唷 ........................................

倫妍 said...

尼克成人電影免費觀看成人動畫成人鴛鴦吧歐美成人區線上免費觀看成人卡通上床免費看上床美女影片免費試看上床影片免費看上班族天室上班族室上班族聊天(f1)上班族聊天至上班族聊天室(f1)口交電影口焦大乃妹做愛影片女生裸睡圖片一葉聊天tw18禁wii後宮電影院xevideoxex888xvdeosxveidosxvideo 免費影片xvideo 松島xvideo 線上xvideo松島楓xvidesxviedo武俠小說 亂倫小說 色情文學正妹計時器

志義 said...

在你一無所有的時候 是誰在陪伴你 他便是你最重要的人..................................................

淑娟 said...

nice to know you ~........................................

佩怡 said...

分享的朋友,在精不在多,分享的幸福就在下一秒..............................

溫緯李娟王季 said...

faith will move mountains. ..................................................

趙筱婷terrifields汪華昕 said...

人自幼就應該通過完美的教育,去建立一種好的習慣。......................................................

芸茂芸茂 said...

我們必須先有哭泣,才有歡笑;也必須先感到人生的悲哀,然後才感到人生的快樂。............................................................

楊儀卉 said...

Fancy may kill or cure...................................................

江美娟江美娟 said...

上班很累,摸個魚輕輕鬆鬆的逛部落............................................................

淑慧 said...

人應該做自己認為對的事,而不是一味跟著群眾的建議走。..................................................

林彥以林彥以 said...

文章不求沽名釣譽,率性就是真的..................................................................

黃錢靜怡慧婷 said...

我們這一代最偉大的發現是,人類可以藉由改變心中的態度來改變人生。.......................................................

DaniloM_W志竹olff0615 said...

最美好的東西是看不到、摸不到的,但可以用心感覺。.......................................................

秀李樺 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

張陳俊凱柏 said...

一時的錯誤不算什麼,錯而不改才是一生中永遠且最大的錯誤..................................................

文王廷 said...

睇完之後覺得有d頓悟..感謝大大分享..˙ 3˙............................................................

宜明文潔 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。............................................................

偉曹琬 said...

GOOD POST~~~~~~~~~~~~Support!!!!..................................................................

怡屏 said...

你文章很棒的~繼續分享給大家~~~~............................................................

佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

財富並非永遠的朋友,但朋友卻是永遠的財富。......................................................................

惠奇 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」..................................................

至馬馬馬馬玄馬馬馬馬 said...

如果你批評他人。你就沒有時間付出愛......................................................................